PLEASE NOTE, THIS WARRANTY IS PROVIDED BY ECIC,
Summary of cover
The Part P Warranty Policy is underwritten by Electrical Contractors Insurance Company Limited.
It is a non renewable six years contract covering electrical installation work performed and certified by Approved
Contractors in accordance with the Building Regulations.
The following table provides only a summary of the cover.For full details of the terms,conditions and exceptions that apply please refer to the Policy wording,a copy of which will be provided with your quotation or at any time
BASIS OF COVER
Protection against the cost of rectyfying an Approved Contractors electrical installation work should it fail
To comply with the standards required by Building Regulations.
Where a valid claim exists we will usually settle it by arranging for the defective aspests of the installation to be
rectified at no further expence to you.The most we will pay to achieve this is the original cost of the electrical
work up to a maximum of £ 30 000.These benefits transfer automatically if the dwelling is sold.
PERIOD OF COVER
Claims must be within six years of the date the work was completed.
The Warranty does not cover:
- Contracts where the value exceeds the limit declared to us or where the warranty was effected more than 60 days after the work was completed.
- Claims caused by you unreasonobly withholding money due to the Approved Installer.
Loss of use,reduction in value,inconvinience or other economic or consequental losses.
- Alternations other than rectification or maintenance work performed by the Approved Installer
- Wear and tear or deterioration caused by neglect.
- Any professional fees not previously agreed by us in writing.
- Defects known to you at the time the warranty was effected or allowed for within the price paid for the dwelling by a subsequent owner.
- Component failure or breakdown unless directly and solely attributable to the installation’s failure to comply with Building Regulations.
Provided By ECIC Specialist Underwriters
By choosing an ELECSA Part P approved Contractor you’ve chosen a contractor certified to exacting standards for electrical work in dwellings.
Having chosen an Approved Contractor, you now have the option to take out a cost- effective warranty insurance on their work.
The warranty insurance provides six (6) years protection against defects.
Please see the table right for a summary of the cover provided.
For a Part P warranty just buy online via the Consumer Warranty Page
The warranty is available foe installations within dwellings in England and Wales and must be taken out within 60 days of the completion date of the work.
Electrical Contractors Insurance LTD
ECA Court,24 South Park
Sevenoaks,Kent TN13 1DU
Tel:0845 880 1050